Ariella,

BLACK VELVET & A CROWN | outfit idea

Monday, January 13, 2014 N. R. 0 Comments

I remember seeing a photo of my mother some time ago, and in this picture she was wearing a glamorous black velvet dress, so I wanted to create my version of her look and this is it! It was a high neck gown with a diamond or pearl embellishment - I can't remember which - at the throat. In any case, my embellishment comes in the form of the baroque headband from Dolce& Gabbana's Fall 2012 ready-to-wear runway presentation.The Ariella gown looks like it is decades old and that's what lends to the vintage aesthetic that velvet naturally captures. The Saint Laurent sandals, and French Connection clutch are supposed to play an invisible role to allow the gown and the headband to be the center of attention. photos: background, swide magazine

0 comments: